Monday, November 23, 2015

Usukani D4 Carbon Option Set: Completed Chassis Gallery

As promised, here is a gallery of the completed Usukani Sakura D4 Carbon Option chassis set. I really love the look of the black version. It matches great with the de-anodized aluminum parts and I almost don't want to finish adding the electronics.


Before I assembled it though, I took steps to keep it looking good...

I bought a small bit of 3M paint protection film for about $11 and applied it to the bottom of the chassis and in the battery mounting area. Yes, I took the time to hand trim it all around the edges and every screw countersink. A lot of time...




As mentioned before, this set looks really good, and is high quality. I can't wait for Usukani to release the rest of the mods they have in the works for the D4. You will notice that I already have the lower arms up front, steering knuckles, and tube turnbuckles out back; all nice pieces.















8 comments:

  1. That's one clean D4. Awesome build. You need a Sanwa Vortex Type D for this puppy. It'll blend well with all this silver/black goodness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, sir. I already have a matching Reventon R lying around for the time being. I may try a nicer ESC at some point though. I did just buy a D-Like premium gyro for it though. I'm anxious to try it out. I think this thing will ultimately be a full option build with a lot of nice components.

      Delete
  2. I am loving your build. I am waiting for my D4 that just cleared customs. Although I did not see it mentioned I am guessing you went with the Usukani knuckles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! Just got my kit, and I ordered the wrong one (AWD vrs RWD) so no gyro yet...oh well. Have some Usukani knuckles headed my way as well. I wish I would have looked closer at your links, I would have found Rare Arts sooner. I feel we will be doing some business soon. Thanks again for taking time to showcase your build.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem. You will like the D4. With a good tune, it slides well right out of the box.

      Delete
  4. I read the Usukani RWD knuckles have a one way bearing embedded? How does that work and did you notice your chassis drives any different after installing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Usukani does make a set of knuckles that have a one-way bearing installed in them. Those are not the same as what I am using. I have not tried them, so I don't have any feedback on them.

      Delete